iDVD crash, crash, crash, crash!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hey guys,
i was trying to burn a DVD off via iDVD today however when the program got to "rendering and encoding" process there application kept not responding over and over. i have absolutely nothing else running except for that application and yet it continues to crash when it is encoding. i was wondering whether there is any way of exporting the entire project (with the menus etc) or does someone know of an application that will allow me to customize my menu like it does in iDVD. Many thanks :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am not sure if this is what you are running into, but I know when doing stuff between iMovie and IDvd, somewhere when it was rendering and doing the audio it looked like it was locked for quite a while but always finished the audio and went on and was not locked at all. This was on an 2.1Ghz G5 so would take even longer on your ibook G4. Again, not sure we are talking about the same thing, but thought I would mention it as to me it looked like the application was dead froze but it was not.

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
yeah no theres nothing coming from iMovie its all stuff that i already had ready for iDVD. maybe i should just let it run? i dunno, but then im thinking how long do i let it run for before force quiting the application? as this is what i have done after it has been "frozen" for 5-10 minutes.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Is this your first time burning a DVD using iDVD?

If so, then you maybe experiencing what dtravis7 suggested. I have seen where the system is working on the audio part, and nothing is happening. it appers to be hung. Just wait it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.