The InvisiShield or Replacement

Reaction score
Okay heres a question I hear mac is replacing the tops of laptops where the staining is happening now i have a black macbook so mine just shows like finger imprints but i would not like it to do that at all or scratch so should i invest in a invisishield or march down to the apple store and have them replace the top...or both

what is your take on the matter :headphone

Roo

Reaction score
I'm assuming you'd have to pay a pretty hefty amount of money for them to replace the top, so I'd just go with the shielding.

Reaction score
can you fx. wipe the fingerimprints off With a damp cloth, or are the genuine discolorations??

I hardly believe that you can get anything black without fingerimprints showing up to some degree. Even when/if you apply the invisible shield. I have applied the full body shield to my new macbook and it looks very promising. Pretty 'hard' to put on though - especially the big single piece for the top/lid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
i got a white one a couple of days ago (even more seceptible to the staining) and i too had considered the ivis sheild but i thought 55 bucks was a little much to pay. so i bought the marware protection pack when i was at the apple store getting my macbook replaced. i put it on, was careful and patient and it cam out looking great. its not clear, it matches the color of the macbook(not perfectly but it looks like it belongs) and it provides a little cushioning for the wrists. also has a keyboard cover that works well as a screen wipe and exterior wipe.overall, for 20 bucks, its well worth it! especially if u dont have to send in your macbook for a week and a half!

Reaction score
Depending on the condition of the MB, I doubt that they will replace the top for the black one, but who knows. I will recommend the Invisible Shield, it is great. I have the full body shield and it is fantastic. It looks great too! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
My friend called AppleCare and was informed that if (according to Apple) there is no problem with the computer (software or hardwar), they will charge you $100. He was calling about kernel panics, but I assume this would be the same situation. Being a black laptop, you will get shiny spots on the most common areas, the trackpad and buttons like the space bar and delete key. If a small cloth takes it off, keep a small cloth with you.

OP
D
Reaction score
ya thats what i decided to do i just keep a lint free cloth with me and just damp it a bit with some water and i use a alcohole wipe on the track pad and that seems to be working just fine. My thing is i didnt want to invest in the invisishield and then find out that it some how voids the warrenty of the machine; does any one know if you think it will, or leave a residue or anything like that, and is the marware one just as good or not as good? :doctor:

Reaction score
you can remove the shield without leaving a single spot. No warranty probs as I can see it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
The Blackbooks aren't known to have problems with discoloration that necessitates changing the top plastic. Because of the nature of the color/style, fingerprints and oily spots show up more easily on it; it's not a defect. Get the InvisibleShield.

OP
D
Reaction score
I think im gonna do a little combo of marware with and invisishield top good safe combo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
sweet! it feels good to have someone take a bit of my advice. good luck!

Reaction score
ripfrankwhite said:
Depending on the condition of the MB, I doubt that they will replace the top for the black one, but who knows. I will recommend the Invisible Shield, it is great. I have the full body shield and it is fantastic. It looks great too! :)

had i known better, i would have had an invisishield shipped to me the day i bought the MacBook...
but i didn't. so hear we are. its a laptop. i guess its going to get a little beat up anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.