Anyone else have problems with airport express and cordless phones?

K

Kymmy16w@yahoo.

Sounds weird, but whenever someone is using the cordless phone, I can't get my computer to recognize my airport. I did a test, where someone was on a cordless phone and I was on the internet. I couldn't connect. They then switched to the land line, and my computer found my airport. Whats up with that? Is the base to the phone confusing my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Thats funny, you should find out on what band your phone operates. My phone never interrupts my wireless signal.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
ALL Wifi (Not just Airport) uses the same Frequency band of 2.4Ghz Portable Phones. Try changing the channel on your Wireless Router.

OP
K

Kymmy16w@yahoo.

dtravis7 said:
ALL Wifi (Not just Airport) uses the same Frequency band of 2.4Ghz Portable Phones. Try changing the channel on your Wireless Router.
How do I change the frequency?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What brand WiFi router you using? Brand and Model if possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You can change it from the Airport Admin Utility. I used to have this problem, but since I got new phones I am more likely to have the Airport interfere with them than vice-versa. When AP is in use, I hear a clicking noise on my phones. I'm going 5.8Ghz here soon anyways, for the phones, so it won't be an issue any longer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
This is a very common problem. My cordless phone consistently whacked my Netgear router, even after changing channels (I think the phone would change channels automatically to search for the clearest one).

I resolved the problem by using the same solution as baggs proposes, only I switched to a 900 MHz phone. It's been problem-free ever since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.