So how many of you are ordering a mac pro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I'm getting the wheels turning on buying the 2.6 mac pro hopefully this week. I'm selling my 20" cinema on e-bay and planning on getting the mac pro with a 23" display to run dual 23's. I'm psyched. :eek:neye: :alien: :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have a new Power Mac G5. Not ordering a Mac Pro ever. I am going to wait for the next generation of Mac Pro, you know, the one that has a 4.0+ GHz CPU - when that comes out, I will be interested in an ugrade!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I will be getting mine around the end of January hopefully. Though I really want a Mac sooner, so I might get a cheap mac mini or something first then get the Mac Pro at the begining of Febuary..

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just placed my order:

2.66 GHz Quad Xeon
1GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-2x512
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
2x16x SuperDrive DL

:D:D:D

Getting the free iPod deal too (2gb white nano). I've already got a video iPod the nano will probably go to e-bay or classifieds here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I already have a quad processor mac g5 and I will probably not get the mac pro until they have dual core 2 duos in them (8 cores) other wise there is not significant performacne increase for me to spend all that money again.

Reaction score
I agree with PowerBookG4 that there isn't a big enough difference for a G5 user to really justify the move. I had a sit down with a mac pro and while it's pretty slick it doesn't seem all that much faster than the quad's I've used.

Personally I need an upgrade as the mac mini doesn't cut it anymore so I'm saving up for one.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I am currently running a 17" powerbook G4 1.5ghz that I've had since august 2004 so the increase in speed will be noticeable. I notice a good speed bump when I'm using my G5 imac at work so this should be even better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I hope to get mine soon so I get a free nano.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
gort said:
Yeah I am currently running a 17" powerbook G4 1.5ghz that I've had since august 2004 so the increase in speed will be noticeable. I notice a good speed bump when I'm using my G5 imac at work so this should be even better!

I have a powerbook with same specs, going to hook up a bluetooth keyboar, mouse and a cinema display to it to give me a computer for the smaller aspects of my business (photoshoping dvd covers for the videos) While the quad would be for video... I am so tempted however to buy the mac pro, but I know it is not worth it.

If you go from the the powerbook to the mac pro you will notice a HUGE difference so if you want more power, then the mac pro will really really be a huge difference in performance, but you will loose the portability. Otherwise you can go with a macbook pro.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBookG4 said:
I have a powerbook with same specs, going to hook up a bluetooth keyboar, mouse and a cinema display to it to give me a computer for the smaller aspects of my business (photoshoping dvd covers for the videos) While the quad would be for video... I am so tempted however to buy the mac pro, but I know it is not worth it.

If you go from the the powerbook to the mac pro you will notice a HUGE difference so if you want more power, then the mac pro will really really be a huge difference in performance, but you will loose the portability. Otherwise you can go with a macbook pro.

Yeah I am still going to keep my powerbook for mobile use, I figured the more powerful desktop will be a lot better for home use when I'm multi-tasking.

R

readit517

got mine..2.66ghz, 1gb, 7300. I've already put one 10,000rpm 150gb western digital raptor in it. (helps, seems disk i/o is the bottleneck in this system) I plan to upgrade to 8gb of ram soon, and 3 more raptors. I also am trying to decide if I should just get a second 7300 or if I should get a 4500 (I want to drive 2 x 30" LCD's). So far the 7300 seems fine for a single 30" in both WinXP and OSx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
If I had the money I would buy one. Actually I'd downgrade the CPU because I wouldn't need it. In that case I'd just buy an iMac.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ohhh the agony...

proship.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.