System Preferences Crashes when selecting Screen Saver

Reaction score
Any ideas why this would be?

Edit: Only when selecting iTunes Artwork

T

TMelcher

This is a quote I found from Apple's (now defunct) support board:
The problem seems to happen only when you go to the iTunes Artwork options and try to change the number of rows. If you set it to 2 rows that's when it crashes every time.

I have fixed my problem by deleting a preference file in my Library called com.apple.sreensaver.iTunesArtwork. Then save the new settings in System Preferences when prompted. You might have to relaunch the Sys Pref a few times until you can get in to change the options for the number of rows to a different setting before it crashes.

It works fine for me now with 5 rows but I have no idea why it won't work with 2 rows.
Hopefully the problem will be more gracefully fixed in a future update to OS X.

On a side note, it is considered uncouth to double post (post twice without a reply between) here at Mac-Forums.

OP
L
Reaction score
TMelcher said:
This is a quote I found from Apple's (now defunct) support board:

Hopefully the problem will be more gracefully fixed in a future update to OS X.

On a side note, it is considered uncouth to double post (post twice without a reply between) here at Mac-Forums.

Thanks for this information and I apologize for my uncouth behavior with regards to double posting in my own post without a reply between them.

Please, don't tar and feather me :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.