Slow down music

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the best way to slow down my ipod collection and also the CD's I have. I am kind of a guitarist and would like to be able to slow down and loop specifc sections of music to figure out how to play them. I know there are some programs available, like riffster (which doesn't seem to support Apple & Amazing Slow Downer, another Win program), but I am loking for an Apple solution. I have a feeling Garageband might be able to do this, but so far, it's beyond my abilities to figure out. Any ideas / recommendations? Thanks!

Reaction score
bhubb3rd said:
I am trying to figure out the best way to slow down my ipod collection and also the CD's I have. I am kind of a guitarist and would like to be able to slow down and loop specifc sections of music to figure out how to play them. I know there are some programs available, like riffster (which doesn't seem to support Apple & Amazing Slow Downer, another Win program), but I am loking for an Apple solution. I have a feeling Garageband might be able to do this, but so far, it's beyond my abilities to figure out. Any ideas / recommendations? Thanks!

Hi bhubb3rd and welcome to Mac-Forums :headphone

I know exactly what you mean as I have software on my PC that I use to slow down tricky guitar pieces so I can learn how to play them.

I found these 2 apps which are for Macs and are Shareware:

Amazing Slowdowner for Mac

Guitar Shed 2

Both are Universal so will run on Intels or PPC's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.