About wipe software for MAC...

E

erichu

I am a new mac user. :dummy:
I am looking for the wipe software for MAC.
Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
If you mean wiping your hard drive clean, use OS X's Disk Utility (in your Applications folder, go to "Utilities")

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Ok, so a quick google search came up with results for file shreaders. I read up on what their functions were and thought about what does that on mac. I don't think you have to download anything special as a secure erase from trash should be fine. There is also erase free space in disk utility, that will write over all data that has been erased in the trash bin with 0's so that it can not be recoverd, it can do this once, 7 or 35 times, the more times you do it the more secure.

If that is not what you were looking for please tell me I will search harder.

OP
E

erichu

Thanks for your information.

I use PC for a long time but become a Mac user just few days ago. So I get lot things to learn.

When I use PC there is a wipe software called “R-wipe&Clean”. It is a complete solution to wipe useless files and keep your computer privacy. Irretrievably deletes private records of your on- and off-line activities, such as temporary internet files, history, cookies, autocomplete forms and passwords, swap files, recently opened documents list, Explorer MRUs, temporary files, etc.

I am looking for the same tool for Mac. After searching on internet what I get is two software - NetShred X and ShredIt X. If these are necessary if I use OS X's Disk Utility?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.