My PB G4 12" 1.5ghz/512 mb makes a dull clicking nosie.

L

love49

Hi everyone, my PB G4 12" 1.5 GHz w/ 512 MB mem. which I have owned for a year makes a dull clicking nosie when I back up my dvds. I am using Mac OSX 10.3.9 verison. The nosie only appears when I am backing up my dvds. Other than that I am able to burn and rip cd's. When the nosie appears my notebook just freeze up. I use mac the ripper and popcorn to do my ripping and burning. I was wondering what is making the dull clicking nosie? How to fix the problem? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
only happen when ripping the dvds, or burning them. Does it happen playing dvds as well.

If it only happens burning them, does it make the noise with all brands of media?

OP
L

love49

PowerBookG4 said:
only happen when ripping the dvds, or burning them. Does it happen playing dvds as well.

If it only happens burning them, does it make the noise with all brands of media?

I am able to play dvds and I am able to burn/rip CDs. The nosie appears when I'm ripping/burning dvds. Do you know why the nosie appears? and how to fix it? When the nosie appears my notebook just freeze.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.