This is just getting stupid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Three weeks ago I turned in my Macbook for repair, after it would always turn off. I was told that it would not take longer than 2 weeks. Now it has been 3 weeks, and my repair status when checking the repair status on apple.com tells me that it is still on hold, and a part is missing. For 2 weeks it has been saying that. Do they really want me to believe that it takes them over 2 weeks to get the Main Logic Board in? Because that is what they need to change.
Or is their repair center packed with faulty products that it takes them that long?
I don't get it.
Really, this is infuriating me.
Rant off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
I was seriously thinking about your Macbook today BlueBacchus, interesting that you made a post about it...

Regardless, call Apple and make some noise about it man! this is ridiculous! tell them to send you a new one.

S

Sydrocentric

I dont work for apple. I'm a GI. Sometimes we order a part for a jet and it can take up to a month to get it in. On the same note, we have a part on order, which we local manned for a temp fix and its due in on may 18th 2007! Be patient.

Reaction score
Apple does have a supply problem in the first place. They never are able to meet demand because they haven't (but are in the process of doing so) invested enough in newer bigger faster factories. They still rely on their suppliers capacity, and because Apple always only uses the one and same logicboard in their Macbooks (unlike Dell, who uses many different ones in of their many different computers), that's one added restriction.

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sydrocentric said:
I dont work for apple. I'm a GI. Sometimes we order a part for a jet and it can take up to a month to get it in. On the same note, we have a part on order, which we local manned for a temp fix and its due in on may 18th 2007! Be patient.

With all due respect, it is very easy to say to someone to be patient, when one is not experiencing the problem.
I for one need my macbook for work, and soon to be school.
I wonder if apple is willing to pay me for the lost time I experienced at work because of my macbook not working (and not being in my possession).
And if apple cannot meet demand, then they should not make false claims (when I was told it would only take 2 weeks).
It is very easy to make a claim, and not follow through with it.
I took their word for it, otherwise I would have had not a problem of returning it, and getting a new one, or buying from a different company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
When I took my macbook in for logic board replacement, it was about 2 weeks. It seems that there are some supply issues, but it seems strange that a single machine should take so long. I would go down and say that it's getting ridiculous, and if they can't get the macbook fixed then they should put your existing drive into a new machine, or better still transfer the data from your old drive to a new one. Even if they don't end up giving you one, it might spur them on if you say it just right ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
cazabam said:
When I took my macbook in for logic board replacement, it was about 2 weeks. It seems that there are some supply issues, but it seems strange that a single machine should take so long. I would go down and say that it's getting ridiculous, and if they can't get the macbook fixed then they should put your existing drive into a new machine, or better still transfer the data from your old drive to a new one. Even if they don't end up giving you one, it might spur them on if you say it just right ...

Thats what im sayin BlueBacchus, at least make some noise so they know you are aware of their inadequecies.

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NikBhat said:
Thats what im sayin BlueBacchus, at least make some noise so they know you are aware of their inadequecies.

I am, as I am typing, on the phone to speak with an apple customer service representative.

Edit:
Wow now I have to hold till the person gets my repair info.
Hurray. More likely he is answering other people's phone calls, and lets me hanging here for a few extra minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
I second the 'make noise' suggestion. A friend of mines had 30GB video iPod that Apple took a ridiculously long time to send back to him, and he called and called, and eventually they threw him a free upgrade to a 60GB model and about 80 dollars worth of free iPod accessories.

Needless to say,he's a happy camper now.

Reaction score
I sent an iMac back to MacMall for repair on August 3rd. It sat for a week before they even took a look at it. My sales exec told me that they couldn't find anything wrong and would be sending it back...I raised a huge stink about that and got in touch with a Sales Director. He tells me they are waiting on a "part" that was due in yesterday and I should have it no later than Monday. Seems to me that Apple computers are awesome as long as you get one without any problems. The select few of us that do have problems are basically screwed. And thats unfortunate.

S

Sydrocentric

BlueBacchus said:
With all due respect, it is very easy to say to someone to be patient, when one is not experiencing the problem.
I for one need my macbook for work, and soon to be school.
I wonder if apple is willing to pay me for the lost time I experienced at work because of my macbook not working (and not being in my possession).
And if apple cannot meet demand, then they should not make false claims (when I was told it would only take 2 weeks).
It is very easy to make a claim, and not follow through with it.
I took their word for it, otherwise I would have had not a problem of returning it, and getting a new one, or buying from a different company.
Sure is, my apologies. I wasn't thinking straight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.