Macbook Screen Dead/Not Normal?

R

Rock Hardwell

I had been encountering the randomly shutting down problem for awhile, so I dropped it off at the apple store on Sunday. It was, of course the logic board issue, so they replaced it with a new one and I was able to pick it up yesterday. It worked fine all day yesterday and this morning, but when I came back from work today, it started acting up.

This time it was a different issue. I would turn the macbook on, but a strange screen would show up. It was completely white with a bar of several different colors on the right side. OSX won't even load up. I tried restarting it several times but nothing seems to work.

I tried a search on this but either this is a rare issue or I've been putting in the wrong search criteria. I'm going to take the macbook in again today, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?

At this point, I'm not too happy with Apple seeing how this is my first computer purchase from them. They advertise how stable their computers are compared to PCs, but I've had better experiences with their competitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Natrually there are always excpetions to every rule. It is unfortunate that you had to have a negative experience for your first one, but these things happen. It sounds to me though that Apple tried to help you out, and I am sure if you contact Apple again they will be able to take care of the problem. Worst case scenerio is that you get a brand new machine with all of your information and data transfered over.

Hopefully all ends well

OP
R

Rock Hardwell

Yeah, I just hope after this things will run smoothly.
I took it to the Genius bar and the girl checked to see if it was a hard drive issue or if it was RAM related. She thinks that it might be that I got another bad logic board or that maybe one of the wires was pinched during the first repair process. She was nice enough to bump me up to the top of the repairs list and she also special ordered me the logic board in case I wasn't able to get one of the ones in stock.

So I suppose I gained more confidence with Apple after that. I guess I'll just have to see how it works out, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.