Considering Switching?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I would just like to say that anyone who is considering switching should definatly try out a Mac, I went today and tryed a Macbook 13inch at John Lewis (base model). I would of liked to try one of the more powerfull models but none were working. I also could not try the Mac Pro because they have not got one in yet and there Power Mac was 'broken'.

Anyway I thought with the low RAM and power of the base level it would be quite slow. To my suprise I clicked iTunes and insantly it appeared, which on my PC which technically is higher spec it takes up to 20 seconds. Then I tried some more demanding programs, iMovie HD which is a much more powerfull program, well that took under 2 bounces and no more than 15 seconds. A similar program on my PC (such as Windows Movie Maker) is much closer to 50 seconds.

All I can say is fantastic, if you are not sure of switching just walk into a store and try it out. I even changed the preferences for the dock so that it magnified when you put the mouse over it. Thats how user friendly they are, first time I used one as well :)

Anyway I cannot wait for my Mac Pro now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I am so happy I switched to a mac. My iMac still runs like the day I got it.

You will never truly know about all the cool little secrets in OSX. I have had my iMac for about a year and a half and I am still finding cool stuff by accident. Yesterday I was messing around with the date and time and I noticed I could get my computer to announce the time to me. Now every hour on the hour it announces the time to me in some hot English babes voice.

Reaction score
Dood, nice. I wish I had funds for a mac pro, but if I had those funds, I'd want funds for a 30 inch screen. And if I had that screen, I'd be wacking for Video downloads of movies in switzerland. Dvds with HD. Gah, I want so much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.