I broke the connector for my power supply... help!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, maybe someone here may be able to help me out?

I tripped on the power cable going into my iBook G4 and now the tip of the connector is broke and the round part is bent so it wont fit into my iBook.

Anyone any suggestions on how to fix this the cheapest way possible? :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
don't believe you can fix it, every time my powerbook cable gets bent (although not as serious as yours) I just buy a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
yeah, if the tip of the power adaptor is broken, your better off just getting a new one.. Im sure someone on these forums has an extra that they would sell you.. If you bought it from apple it would cost $79

Reaction score
macEfan said:
yeah, if the tip of the power adaptor is broken, your better off just getting a new one.. Im sure someone on these forums has an extra that they would sell you.. If you bought it from apple it would cost $79

I broke the tiop of my power connector off awhile ago. It worked for a long time even without the tip. The tip eventually got stuck inside the connector in the computer and I ended up having to replace the DC-IN board on my 12" G3 IBook.

Good luck.

Reaction score
iRock said:
Hey everyone, maybe someone here may be able to help me out?

I tripped on the power cable going into my iBook G4 and now the tip of the connector is broke and the round part is bent so it wont fit into my iBook.

Anyone any suggestions on how to fix this the cheapest way possible? :eek:neye:

sounds to me like you're in the market for a new power supply my friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.