Harddrive

Reaction score
I am a new mac user and just bought a Macbook for some small school projects so far so grand but one thing is i have the 80gb black macbook and it seem like the harddrive is almost already full im down to 36gb and i only installed like 10gb of software so far so what else is eating up my memory does OSX tiger eat up that much or the applications that comes with it or is there something wrong with my harddrive everything that came on my macbook is standard software that comes on the install disk. anyone else notice this?

ps; or should i of just got a bigger drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Some of the included applications take up a LOT of space. iWork demo takes almost 2GB, and GarageBand is absolutely massive - around 6GB I think. The unused printer drivers can take up a few hundred megabytes, too.

I grabbed a copy of Disk Inventory X and WhatSize to figure out what is taking up the space, then set about deleting. Just be careful you're not deleting system sensitive stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.