Cant connect when WPA turned on

C

Chipotle

Ok, this is driving me insane. I am using a new DLink DIR-625 router and can connect to network wirelessly. However it can only connect when I turn the security encryption off. When I turn on WPA I am not able to connect. The airport sees the network, since I am broadcasting the SSID, but when i put in the key, it will not connect. I dont want to leave my network unsecured. I have a wireless media network at home and dont want random people snooping at that crap. I could just turn off the broadcasting of my ssid, but thats not enough.

It seems I have heard some mention that there have been some problems with the macs and WPA security, but have never seen any concrete solutions.

This is a PowerBook G4 OS X 10.4.7 with airport extreme card.

I am not sure if this could be causing the problem, but i am using DHCP, but with MAC address filtering and DHCP IP reservations pointed to specific IP addresses.

Reaction score
i had this same issue but i have a linsys router and i was unable to connect to it with wep. what i did was instead set it up using mac addresses only allowing the mac addresses that i want to connect, to be able to. Try this even though its not an encrpytion it still is protects against anyone else getting in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
try putting a $ at the begining of the WPA key

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.