ATTN: Macbook SMC Firmware update!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I'm running from 35-40C degrees down from 60-70C. It works great.

M

Macbooker

This is really good news to all the people that were hesitant about buying one because of the temperature. Great job Apple! :black:

A

Abira_Kam

hm.... before Install I forgot to check the temperature... after install it's near 58-64 .... I wanna it be lower ( so I even don't know if it was successful )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | CoreDuo 2.0Ghz | 2GB RAM | 60 GB
re...

For those who have NEVER had whirring or "reving" as I liek to call it...

Have you left your comp on with programs running for the duration of the battery life?

Failing that plug the sucker back in once the battery runs dry and the computer is inevitably going to rev as the fans switch on to cool the the computer down.

If this still doesnt happen, then I guess you have a better made one then myself, which is quite possible. I mean if your assembling computers ALL day long, different people are bound to make or assemble better then someone else.

Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
C

CWMac

Kirbyftf said:
For those who have NEVER had whirring or "reving" as I liek to call it...

Have you left your comp on with programs running for the duration of the battery life?

Failing that plug the sucker back in once the battery runs dry and the computer is inevitably going to rev as the fans switch on to cool the the computer down.

If this still doesnt happen, then I guess you have a better made one then myself, which is quite possible. I mean if your assembling computers ALL day long, different people are bound to make or assemble better then someone else.

Just my thoughts.

I just received my MB today and when i try to update using the link i get the instructions on how to do it.It states that if update succesful then i should not see the instructions.However when i try to install i was told that i did not need this update.
Im guessing that somehow my MB that was sent on the 8th was sent with the update already installed(?)

If not how do i install this then lol.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep, your macbook also shipped with the latest firmware, no need to update!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 core2, 2gigs ram, 120gig HD / 24" iMac, 2.33 core 2, 2 gig, 256 grapics, 500hd
no more moing and cooler... it's great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Jesus H Crabs, you guys have hot computers. I swapped mine out because the first one was defective, and the new one runs about 50 degrees F (according to coreduotemp), (no not C)

It went as high as 66 farenheit under 100% load after it'd been on for about 12 hours.

Yes, I really do mean F. Its about 12-17celcius max.

This is a white macbook (listed in my profile specs thing) and I use a little cooler table to hold it up. I run it 12 hours a day, most of that time under load (IM, browsing, watching movies, photoshop, dreamweaver, itunes - mostly at the same time) and yes, I keep coreduotemp statistics logs if anyone wants to see them.

C

CWMac

taylorwilsdon said:
Jesus H Crabs, you guys have hot computers. I swapped mine out because the first one was defective, and the new one runs about 50 degrees F (according to coreduotemp), (no not C)

It went as high as 66 farenheit under 100% load after it'd been on for about 12 hours.

This is a white macbook (listed in my profile specs thing) and I use a little cooler table to hold it up. I run it 12 hours a day, most of that time under load (IM, browsing, watching movies, photoshop, dreamweaver, itunes - mostly at the same time) and yes, I keep coreduotemp statistics logs if anyone wants to see them.

Maybe no one else will say it but yer comp is not running at 12c . Even my calculator runs hotter than that.Just booting from cold lying over night unsed) shows the bogstandard MB with 1 gig ram , to be running at 20c.

Id recheck yer F and C settings cause i think your seeing celsius tbh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
taylorwilsdon said:

I'm going to call you on this one too. Your body is 35C, room temperature is between 18C and 25C. If your macbook is running at 12C, it means it's being refridgerated or you're using outside in the Arctic. I'd check again to make sure you're not mistaken. Post the logs if you like :)

If your logs really DO show 50F, then I'd take it in to have the sensor examined. What reported temperature do the fans come on at?

C

CWMac

Ive tried this over and over today .I kept the book in my garage,dry but really cold.Booted up and right away its 18c. Now..I'm in Scotland and i can tell you today its not warm at all lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.