Considering a switch

J

Jon-Mikko

Hey guys and gals.

I'm seriously considering a switch to mac. I've been browsing through these forums for some hints of wether or not to switch, and all i've found is, well, pro-mac, good stuff. I'd like to have some feedback from people that are NOT satisfied with their mac.

What is bad with macs?
Is there anything that I should take into consideration before switching?

OP
S

super_doop

Jon-Mikko said:
Hey guys and gals.

I'm seriously considering a switch to mac. I've been browsing through these forums for some hints of wether or not to switch, and all i've found is, well, pro-mac, good stuff. I'd like to have some feedback from people that are NOT satisfied with their mac.

What is bad with macs?
Is there anything that I should take into consideration before switching?

Something that really stinlks is that I got so much more desk space. I really don't know what to do with myself. I really wish Apple would make their stuff more clunky and awkward. ARRGGHGHHHH!

OP
Z

Zapple

Lol, thats not really a bad problem. Hi, I have been a PC user from age 6, and now I was 11 when I got my first own iBook G4, MY OWN. I am 12 now, just turned it, and it is really great and easy to use. The only problem is that with a laptop, one time it froze when I started to play a game, and on a laptop you have to talk out the battery. No biggie, so I say BRING ON THE SWITCH!

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

I'm 17, and have been using a combination of PC and Amiga systems over the years (Most of you are from the US: Amiga was a very successful home computer here with the PC and Mac throughout the 80s and 90s - the new OS is in development) and last November I switched my mian machine to an eMac.
I have never been so satisfied with the capabilties AND style of such a computer.

It is in daily use, and has remained faithful so far, and hopefully MANY years to come.
the only niggle i have to say about the MAC is that Apple do NOT supply enough RAM with most machines.
Anything below 384Mb can sometimes be nasty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.