• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Customer Service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
What terrible service from an Apple Center! I've been trying to phone the Apple Center where I had them fix my PBook and they have not picked up the phone ALL DAY! My phone has been on hold for over 2 hours.

I ring AppleCare and they say they can't do anything else. This is sooooooo frustrating.

I told them when I handed the PBook in that it needed to be shipped back to me and they said OK but I get a call today saying that I need to pick it up. I don't live locally to it.

I've met better trained monkeys than Apple CS, what kind of image does this hold up for the company??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
apple actually has the best rated customer service. Sounds like you didn't quite hit it right.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know that apple's customer service is MEANT to be the best in the world.
But from my experience today, they don't seem to have it right.
How can an Apple store not pick up a phone for over 2 hours?

(It's the Apple Bullring Store in Birmingham UK, 0121 260 1900, no one picks up the phone there)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
When my ipod headphones broke after 2 months i went to there online support desk.. registered > submitted issue > received new headphones within 3days and had a return envelope with DHL paid for.

Sorry you have had bad service but i feel Apple has an excellent support service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I was just at the apple store yesterday returning something. The employees on the floor were very helpful and the people at the register were aswell. I have never had a bad experience with apple customer service.

I know very few people who actually have had bad experiences with Apple.

Reaction score
LOL i live right by the apple store bullring XD

In my experience they've always picked up the phone within 3 rings o.o

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I'm quite sure it wasn't just me they were ignoring, AppleCare tried to ring them and no one picked up their calls as well.

Although they could call me and leave me a message on my answerphone...

Got to try again tomorrow which means either a trip all the way to the Bullring store this weekend or not getting any work done until it gets shipped here on Monday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Sorry to hear about the bad experience with them. I have not had many dealings with them apart from some basic testing of products and getting a minor iPod problem fixed. I found most of thier staff to be good but you always get a few.

Reaction score
I'm guessing they might be really busy... That place is always crowded and everytime i've called was somewhat early.

Reaction score
To all those that said Apple customer service is rated highly or supposed to be good, where did you get that information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
word of mouth. and comparing to microsoft its 100% better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Reaction score
mynameis said:
To all those that said Apple customer service is rated highly or supposed to be good, where did you get that information?

In my own experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
That sucks man...well even the best services have their flaws some days.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally got it sorted today. I had to escalate to customer relations last night before they could call me, they changed my repair ID (without telling me!!! which is why Apple Care couldn't find where my PBook was) and then lost the address which I left with them originally to ship it out.

And because they've sorted it so late in the day, I will now not get it until Tuesday.

Their only apology is that their store is a busy retail one. I've worked in plenty of retail/service sector and I would never ever treat my customers like how I've been treated these few days by Apple.

I've had better customer service from other PC manufacturers. At the very least they will try to find someone local to me.

At least I'm getting the PBook back now. Don't think I'll touch Apple CS with a bargepole again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there was an article just released that states that apple has the highest computer company customer service.

and yes i have always had good wait times and service reps whenever i have called
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.