Hosting From iBook G4

Reaction score
Hi All!

I just need to ask quick question, hope I'll get some useful replies from all you experts over here.

Ok my problem is and what I want is - I have a domain name but I my site is not yet live, but still i use my domain name for mailing for example - [email protected] and now I use this with the help of free hotmail services where you can send and receive mails on ur domain id. But the problem over there is anytime when you are switching to paid mail service you will have to forward each and every mail from there.

So I am looking for some software with which we can have our mails send and recieve from our iBook or ne such services where we can configure our mails to come to entourage or thunderbird.

• I have heard we can host our site from .mac account, is it True? if Yes, then how?

• I have a software called Rapid SMTP. Have anyone heard of it? If Yes, then how can that be useful for sending and receiving mails from your domain.

Thanks

K

OP
M
Reaction score
No Replies

No replies.....quite weird.

Or was my question confused most of the people?
Expecting some replies.

Thanks,

K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sorry, none that I know of.

You can just set up Postfix manually of course, but since I don't know how to do that and I'm assuming you don't either, I'd personally just pay the nominal 10$ fee.

I think you can try it first anyway... or try using a different service instead (google offers something similar to hotmail's functionality for free).

OP
M
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Sorry, none that I know of.

You can just set up Postfix manually of course, but since I don't know how to do that and I'm assuming you don't either, I'd personally just pay the nominal 10$ fee.

I think you can try it first anyway... or try using a different service instead (google offers something similar to hotmail's functionality for free).

I have seen Hotmail's and I am using that currently, but can you please tell me which is Google's hosted email service?

Thanks,

K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OP
M
Reaction score
Oh Kewl....looks something goood....for unfortunately it's in Beta, True.
But anyways I have applied for me filling a form, let's see what happens.

Thanks a lot buddy for your quick replies. it's appreciated.

I own a business in india. See if we can get know each other more.

K.

OP
M
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.