Frustration City

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mac Pro and while i was at it i picked up a copy of Parallels for Mac. In trying to get it up and working i am hitting a brick wall and the frustration is hitting a new highs.

I am at the point where you put your cd of Windows xp into the drive and hit the "power up" button on Parallels. At this point it does 1 of 2 different things.

1. It sits a few seconds then drops a gray curton locking up the computer and tells me i have to power off and reboot.

2. It sits a few seconds with a spinning beach ball and comes up with an error message saying "Unable to communicate with Hypervisor !"

Anyone know what the heck is going on ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
kernel_03.jpg

Is that the message you are getting in instance 1?

I am not sure that Parallels has released an update making it compatible with the MacPro's yet.

OP
James
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
kernel_03.jpg

Is that the message you are getting in instance 1?

I am not sure that Parallels has released an update making it compatible with the MacPro's yet.

Yep that's it alright when it freezes that's it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think trpnmonkey41 is right. They had to update Bootcamp for the new Mac Pro, so chances are the same will have to be done with Parallels.

OP
James
Reaction score
Ya i tried the so called "beta update"... made it even worse than it was before. Now instead of getting the error message "Unable to communicate with Hypervisor !" it just locks up the computer every time...

Should have known better than to start screwing around with winders again, haven't had a crash with the mac in over a year until i did !!

Think i will just uninstall Parallel until they can get their act straight....

L

LadyInRed

James said:
I just bought a new Mac Pro and while i was at it i picked up a copy of Parallels for Mac. In trying to get it up and working i am hitting a brick wall and the frustration is hitting a new highs.

I am at the point where you put your cd of Windows xp into the drive and hit the "power up" button on Parallels. At this point it does 1 of 2 different things.

1. It sits a few seconds then drops a gray curton locking up the computer and tells me i have to power off and reboot.

2. It sits a few seconds with a spinning beach ball and comes up with an error message saying "Unable to communicate with Hypervisor !"

Anyone know what the heck is going on ?

I don't know if you've tried this or not, but thought I'd suggest it anyway... Have you tried making an ISO image of XP and loading that into Parallels for the install? If so, do you receive the same error message?

J

jmreiser

I got both types 1 and 2. This is with a real purchased copy. Also tried the Beta update, now it does not give a curtain crash, it just does the Hypervisor thing. Anyone got Parallels Desktop running??? If so, is that on MacPro, or no? TIA

Why make an ISO image, think it's a CD-ROM driver problem?

Reaction score
i'm shocked this didn't happen to me;

goofy annoying stuff always happens to me. my parallels experience was relatively smooth sailing.

sorry to hear about that. hope the update fixes everything, remember, its still in BETA

-edit-
hrm... sorry it didn't ...
i'm on a MacBook 2 ghz.
i just maxed out my RAM and now it runs absolutely FABULOUS.
when you get it working, remember that little things like a blank desktop REALLY help. and spy bot and avast antivirus are both free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.