SanDisk Cruzer Micro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I just bought a SanDisk Cruzer Micro and every time I insert it the desktop shows the mounted drive but it also shows that there's an Untitled CD. It happens every time I insert the flash drive. Does anybody know how to mount the drive without also having the Untitled CD show up?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I checked to be sure, Your drive is a U3 drive. U3 drives have applications on them so that is why the CD mounts on the desktop. The Apps are for Windows and will do you no good, but that is the reason. I have an Memorex 1GB with the u3 and it does the same thing. I just ignore it.

Here is a link about the u3 Flash drives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Thanks! That really helps!

Reaction score
Can't you just use disk utility to erase the drive and get rid of the Windows apps so you don't have to bother with it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mynameis, there is a 2nd partition there with some loader app. There is a url that shows you how to get rid of it. Ran into it last night searching in Google for the OP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.