A program like paint...

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a simple application like paint something to just waste some time between classes and whatnot thanks

Reaction score
Jux06 said:
I was wondering if there is a simple application like paint something to just waste some time between classes and whatnot thanks

the closest i've found is a prog called "SeaShore"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
You could try GIMP, but you'd need the OS X install CDs to install the X11 environment before installing GIMP. But it's great, a bit more of photo editing. Great time waster, at least for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im sorry, but why are people so obsessed with trying to obtain a 'paint' program for their mac. do people actually use paint in win XP? whats the point of paint? please teach me and help me understand this more
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well I don't use paint, and I don't see it as being usefull in any way shape or form, but I do know somebody who swears by it. Somebody who does not use photoshop, (even though its available to them, becaues they do live with me for the summer and I have it) but swears by paint. This peson cuts people out and adds colors and designs all in paint, and the results are not that good to be honest, but its what she does, and what she knows so she doesn't complain.. I guess people switching to mac from windows are also obsessed with paint, although the only times I used it was when I was a kid to make little squiggly images when i was bored, never did anything usefull with it. (take that back, I think i actually edited a few icons with it back in the day when I was like 13)

OP
J
Reaction score
i picked up seashore just what i was looking for...the use of paint? for me its to waste time doodling and quick collage work. i had photoshop cs2 on my last pc but it took awhile to boot and this and that sometimes i just wanted to draw crude pics lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
coach_z said:
im sorry, but why are people so obsessed with trying to obtain a 'paint' program for their mac. do people actually use paint in win XP? whats the point of paint? please teach me and help me understand this more
-chris

Sometimes, when you need to do something incredibly simple, like circle something in a screenshot, paint is easier and faster then photoshop. Or when you need to make a very simple quick diagram. So it does have it's uses.

And as for a mac paint, my favorite I've found so far is Poster Paint.

Reaction score
Paint---or "Paintbrush" as it was called in Win 3.1 was the first App I ever used. I just used to fill the screen with colors and make lines and hate the shapes. I was six.
13 years ago :).

Paint as a time waster is a waste of time in itself. Macs have so much more fun things to do. You can do stuff with iPhoto or cut a movie, or listen to songs and podcasts.

Persoanlly I can spend hours in iPhoto rendering my photo collection to perfection.

Btw, how do you guys tag photos so they show up in spotlight? I use comments, but those don't show up in media library windows of imovie or iDVD... it's frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
i just search jpg.s ive heard people say that they have trouble finding photos but ive never experienced that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.