help me with an external hard drive?

Reaction score
i just bought a macbook maybe 2 months ago. its amazing, yet im afraid of keeping songs on the computer so i always have to hook up my ipod to listen to music . i also have a very good camera that takes awseom pics and im afraid that the pics will take up a lot of space eventually. i need an external hard drive .. which to buy .. and i dont feel like spending all my money.. help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Any USB or Firewire External Hard Drive will work. A 2.5" drive is usually usb bus powered which means you won't need to plugin an AC adapter (but these drives are generally more expensive). A 3.5" drive is usually cheaper but you need to plug in an AC adapter.

Personally I think you are being paranoid and I wouldn't worry about getting an external drive at all unless you have an actual need for it. If you are worried about pictures filling up the drive, you don't have anything to worry about, they aren't going to take up that much space. If you want to back up the computer or store larger files then sure get a external drive. Just evaluate what you need it for.

OP
H
Reaction score
well today my ipod crashed...and what sucks is i didnt have any songs backed up like a total jack ***. what can i do what ipod should i get and someone please help lol my luck is going downnnn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.