Windows XP & Wireless Mighty Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I cant find any data available, hopefully someone can shed some light.

I'm trying to use the Wireless Mighty Mouse with BootCamp and WinXP Pro. I can get the mouse found and paired but for some reason just cant use it! The pointer does not move nor do the buttons work!

Does anyone know of any drivers or reg hacks/haxies to get the mouse working?

Sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't find anything when searched. Even thrashed though Google to no available help.

Cheers
Sym

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
It is stated in the Boot Camp manual that Bluetooth will not work in XP on a Mac. Also, a LOT of people have stated that there are problems with wireless mouses and keyboards in Boot Camp. Many have gotten them to work, but many haven't as well.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What I do not understand if that is true is, my Core Duo Mac Mini works 100% perfect with my Logitech BlueTooth Mouse. Works great and never fails.

In XP Pro SP2 by the way. It even finds my iMac G5's bluetooth in the front room and wants to connect with it to share files.

M

menace3054

yea my apple keyboard works fine on Windows XP partition, make sure you paired it correct and set it to auto connect

OP
symondavis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr

I did it. cheers above for the tip on autoconnect. Am I a numpty or what!!

Now it fully works. Side buttons, left/right and scroll buttons and wheel. Wooo Woooo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.