First 24 hours with my new MacBook

Reaction score
Brought home my new baby yesterday. So far it's been just like it says, "right out of the box". No complaints, I'm still fumbling through some controls but that's part of the fun of being a "switcher". I love the quality, and the look of this machine. For those who want to know its a 13" with 1Gb of RAM, and the 80 Gb HDD. I was worried about the size of the screen when I could have purchased 'another' system with a much larger screen for a lot less. I don't even notice, the screen looks very large and crisp.

By the way I picked up a Netgear Router at Radio Shack for $21.99 yesterday and it is working great with my MacBook. I won't tell you were I'm typing this from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Vanlancf said:
I won't tell you were I'm typing this from.

Congrats enjoy. I bet there is a good bit of plumbing where you are typing?

Reaction score
Welcome to macs! :)

If you have some computer accessories lying around, now is the time to hook them up to this mac. It'll most likely recognize anything and everything. That's the beauty!

Also, you get most fun apps right from the box. Try photobooth to begin with. If you have kids in the house, call them in. They're going to hijack your macbook for Photobooth! :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.