D-Link DWL G122 Ver B1

M

Mac_lover

Hi. A friend of mine forward me a link from Ralink forum. The forum states that D-Link DWL-G122 ver B1 can be used with OS 10.3x and 10.4x. Does anyone here is currently using this adapter with Mac. I am planning to buy one for my ibook but need some feedback before i purchase this adapter.
thanks for help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
D Link Dwl122

Hi. I use this witha dlink router and it works absolutely fine. I had a few teething problems, probably down to my inexperience with networking, but it's all fine and dandy now. Good product, way cheaper than Airport.
Buy with confidence. :headphone

OP
A

Ant1986

I bought one of these yesterday to use with my emac running 10.3.9 I'm really struggling to get it up and running though, the drivers are installed and I can attempt connection to my houses network and the security WPA key is in and everything but it seems to be connecting and disconnecting every second or so. Also My dad has been trying to sort out the IP stuff in the network settings and he's selected DHCP (?) and the D-Link adaptor has self assigned itself an IP and Subnet mask which seem to be useless. Has anyone had any similar experiences or is there some sort of really obvious thing we're not doing, any help would be really appreciated thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ant1986 said:
I bought one of these yesterday to use with my emac running 10.3.9 I'm really struggling to get it up and running though, the drivers are installed and I can attempt connection to my houses network and the security WPA key is in and everything but it seems to be connecting and disconnecting every second or so. Also My dad has been trying to sort out the IP stuff in the network settings and he's selected DHCP (?) and the D-Link adaptor has self assigned itself an IP and Subnet mask which seem to be useless. Has anyone had any similar experiences or is there some sort of really obvious thing we're not doing, any help would be really appreciated thanks
Although I run a different OS, It may be the same problem that I had. Try putting in these numbers in the DNS servers box in network.
It helped me get connected, but I find that if I have to reboot the router for any reason, I also have to restart the Mac to re-establish the connection, even if it's showing 100% in the bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.