Mac Itunes won't copy Music to Ipod from Windows Network Share

M

morda808

Ok, I hope I'm getting this right. I'm a relative newbie to Macs but I picked up a Mac Mini to act as my HTPC (or HTMAC for that matter).

My problem is.

I have Itunes and the Ipod on the Mac Mini. I have my Itunes library on my Windows 2003 File System (in a domain).

I was able to get Itunes to work with the library and to rip CDs to the network share, however it doesn't want to copy the songs to the IPod. It tries, and comes up with an error that it can't find the song. It stops trying after the first song fails. When I double click on the song, it plays fine.

After I double click on the song to play it, I can then copy it to the Ipod but it then trips up on the next song.

Theoretically I could repeat the process over and over and over again until all my music is copied, but that's obviously not the solution of choice.

Anyone encountered this before or have any ideas? I can give more specific information if needed when I'm in front of the Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Hmm interesting... sorry I don't have a solution for you but I'm am curious to know what it is.

OP
M

morda808

IronMac said:
Hmm interesting... sorry I don't have a solution for you but I'm am curious to know what it is.

well actually it seemed to have worked itself out. I just made sure I connected to/opend my music share in finder before I launched Itunes and my Ipod was able to update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.