Wireless network disconnects while on battery

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just got bought a macbook 2 days ago and I love it. I've never used one before so its taking a while to switch from windows. But its fun :)

Anyways, theres one problem that I am having that I can't figure out. I have a wireless network in my house on a Linksys router. It works fine when I have my macbook plugged in, but once it is on battery it will disconnect after about 2 minutes if I don't use the internet. So then I have to click on the wireless icon up top and reselect my network.

I searched the forums but can't seem to find this same problem. If anyone can give me any assistance on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Reaction score
You should call Apple for this. You might have to wait for some time (15-30 mins) but their guys are generally much better than Dell's for tech support. If they are not able to solve your problem on phone, they will send you a box in which you can ship your macbook back to Apple without any cost. They'll repair it if required, and ship it back to you. Everything's free in the first three months... unless you beat it up with a hammer, of course. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
could be something under the power settings, like its shutting off the wireless to conserve the battery. idk, just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I just started experiencing this too. I am going to give Apple a call tomorrow and see what the problem is. I hope I dont have to send it in because I start college this coming Monday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
zreon said:
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just got bought a macbook 2 days ago and I love it. I've never used one before so its taking a while to switch from windows. But its fun :)

Anyways, theres one problem that I am having that I can't figure out. I have a wireless network in my house on a Linksys router. It works fine when I have my macbook plugged in, but once it is on battery it will disconnect after about 2 minutes if I don't use the internet. So then I have to click on the wireless icon up top and reselect my network.

I searched the forums but can't seem to find this same problem. If anyone can give me any assistance on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

I just got off the phone with Apple and I got mine fixed. They had me reset my PRAM. Here is a link on how to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book & pink Ipod
I'm having the exact same problem. My Macbook is only less than a month old. I tried the solution posted by dmachine but it didn't work for me. I'll call tech support tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.