sharing files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so currently im connected to netgear through airport, which i think is my neighbors router because whenever i open ITUNES, it says RON SMITHS LIMEWIRE and it lists his music and videos.

now...its no problem playing the files..but how do i get them onto my computer? and since i can see his limewire files, when im connected to him, are there any other ways of seeing "what he's got" persay? because thats some like privacy out the drain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Um that would all be illegal

OP
M
Reaction score
file sharing

ok then. so im connected to my neighbors netgear, with his consent, and the connection is always very stable. when i open itunes, his files from limewire appear. we want to know how i can get his files onto my computer and vice versa? and what else is possible through a connection like this through airport? we hope to share many files legally

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You both need to enable sharing under system preferences and either create usernames for each other or give each other your password

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Merged the thread since they are basically on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.