How do I find MAC ID/Address??

L

lewistyler

I have tried searching this forum and on all the apple manuals and online stuff.

Before I can get access to the wireless net at school, I have to give them my MAC address of my macbook and since I'm only a week into my Mac, from having PC's all my life, I'm unfamiliar with how to find it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
lewistyler said:
I have tried searching this forum and on all the apple manuals and online stuff.

Before I can get access to the wireless net at school, I have to give them my MAC address of my macbook and since I'm only a week into my Mac, from having PC's all my life, I'm unfamiliar with how to find it. Thanks!

Go to System Preferences, choose Network, double-click Airport and the MAC address is your Airport ID.

Reaction score
Funnily enough, a Mac Address as nothing to do with Apple Macs. It's short for Media Access Control and is a system for making your network card unique, like a thumb impression. Even Windows Network cards have mac addresses. So either way, you would've needed this number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
It's MAC address not Mac address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Besides looking it up in System Preferences or the System Profiler
1. It's on the box that it came in
2. It's on a sticker inside the battery bay (laptops) or on the back (desktops) or the CD door, or somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
click on the apple>click more info>click network>select which device you want the MAC address for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.