iChat AV webcam access to Windows users

Reaction score
My dilemma follows:

My girlfriend is in Oregon for the rest of Summer. I am in Texas. I purchased an iSight in hopes of having realtime face to face communications. Downfall - She owns a windows machine and (being poor college students) we can't afford her a Mac, yet. :mac:

Is there a way, aside from Yahoo! Messenger's horrible 3.5 fps, we can utilize the wonderfulness of my new iSight. She has a webcam as well.

Please keep in mind our poverty as students (we can't afford monthly fees or expensive software). Too much to ask?

Thank you for all of your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Haven't you tried SkypeVideo® yet? Perhaps it is a good alternative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can video chat with AIM on windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz MacbookPro, 1GB RAM, Radeon X1600, 100GB Hard Disk
I just tested Mercury Messenger, and it also works great with MSN Messenger on Windows machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
neonlaundry said:
I downloaded Skype, but I was under the impression there was a fee attatched to either the software or the service.

Everything Computer to Computer is free. There will be fees in 2007 again for Computer to Landline phone calls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
trpnmonkey41 said:
You can video chat with AIM on windows

I remember hearing many people having problems with the video chat between ichat and the new AIM triton on windows. I was never able to get it to work with my friends. But the older version is said to work fine and can still be found on AIM's website if you look around. I think it's version 5.8 or around there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.