How to get photos on Mac - wirelessly?..

Reaction score
A co worker of mine, our Company photographer just got a Macbook Pro ( Company paid). He wants to be able to take photos and have them load to the Mac immediately. He says he saw this demonstrated at a meeting he attended.

Does anyone know of any software that lets you do this? Would a bluetooth camara be necessary? I think he uses a Nikon T200? or maybe D200?

Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Obviously if you want to do the tfr via bluetooth then a bluetooth camera would be needed.

The method I use is a 1 gig USB S/D car from San Disk. Its a normal size SD card that fits in the camera, remove it from the camera and snap it in half to reveal a connection which plugs directly in to your usb, as im currently on Windows XP, then all I do is Explore, hit the SD card path and my pics appear, I then drag and drop them to my files. It take a matter of minues and I love it!

Hers a pic
sandisk_2.jpg

And a small review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I have a Nikon Coolpix camera and it is WiFi enabled. The way it works on my Nikon, is you load the management software for the camera on your Mac (worked on my HP as well), configure the camera for your network (or set up a peer to peer connection), and set your transfer mode. I usually take the pictures and save them to the SD card, then upload them wirelessly rather than pull out the SD adapter or plug in the USB cable.

OT: An SD card reader would have been a great addition to the iMac. I have a 9 in 1 (or 13 in 1) reader for my HP and it is really convenient to pull my SD card out of my camera or mini SD out of my phone to work with photos and such.

EDIT: There is also a limitation with the WiFi on the camera in that it does not use WPA or WPA2, only WEP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.