My new intel iMac wont stay awake !! Log in screen pops up insted.

C

cb.studios

The title really doesn't explain what Im looking for. So here is the spill.

I am "rendering" some large files. Basically I want the iMac to do its thing all night long until I wake up. My settings are as follows:

Energy Saver settings: Sleep is set to "Never" and the display is set to "Sleep after 5min". "Put the hard disk to sleep" box is unchecked. In the advanced settings of Energy Saver I only checked the box "Allow power button to sleep the computer " All other are unchecked.

Screen Saver: Is set to "Never"

I leave my computer only to find out that 2 hours later my login in screen is on my screen. Somehow its logging me out and all my rendering files and open apps. (Mail, Photoshop, etc.) Have been shutdown and logged out.

What do I do !! My work is now taking FOREVER. On my old powerbook I could at least fade the Brightness (to save the screen) and let it go all week long !!.

I hope someone has a resolution. I am dangerously red eyed and under slept. this proj. was due yesterday. Im in detroit and my clients flew out from LA to pick it up sometime this week.

Thank you so much. Goodnight. :eek:neye: :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sure that there is a setting in System Preferences that you can set if the computer is idle for a specified time, it returns to the login screen but any apps left open should still be running when you login again.

My iMac just went in for repair so I can't verify this, sorry Mark.

Someone else should, before long though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Check under System prefs-> Security if the setting 'log out after x minutes of activity' is checked.

OP
C

cb.studios

hmmmm ok

Aptmunich said:
Check under System prefs-> Security if the setting 'log out after x minutes of activity' is checked.

Didnt realize this feature was in there, Ill try it.f

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, there are a bunch of additional sleep/login related settings in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.