Video not playing right in iTunes?

C

cvclover

So I took my copy of Euro Trip, and ripped it into iTunes using Handbrake.

Now, the other movie I previously ripped works perfectly.

BUT, when I try to play Euro Trip, the audio is perfect, but theres no video. If I hit pause, then I get a snapshot of whats going on, but if I hit play again, the video doesnt change, but the audio is fine.

Why is it doing this?

OP
J

jlbrew3

This happened to me, I just re-ran handbrake and it worked. However, I imagine that it could be a problem with the DVD itself.

I would recommend trying again or cleaning the disk

OP
C

cvclover

Also, what do I do if the video plays in widescreen in the iPod? It leaves about a quarter of on the top and bottom.

I have Handbrake sizing these movies to 400mb

OP
H

Ha_ze

my quick question is why didn't handbrake rip the whole movie?? i had it set to 2h and something for wedding crashers and it only took the first 21 min.

any help on that?

OP
J

jlbrew3

These are the settings I use when I rip a movie...I leave the target size setting at 700 and it normally comes in well under that.

The second two pictures are from the picture settings window.

Hope this helps....

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Picture 5.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well when you set it to a target quality the size will vary. If you set the target size to 700 it will make the file size 700 and adjust the quality accordingly

OP
C

cvclover

Now when I try to transfer some videos over, it tells me it cant, because they cannot be played on the iPod?

Why the **** is it doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
are you sure you are putting it in the correct format?

OP
J

jlbrew3

the default of handbrake is an ipod compatable format...this is very strange

OP
H

Ha_ze

mine did the.. "can't play on iPod" and so i just did the advanced convert to iPod feature, but it takes another 1+ hour(s) for a full length movie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.