analog video convertiing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacthere4iam

I am using a sony camcorder with pass-through to transfer old tapes to dvd on a g4 OS 10.2.8 imac. I am able to get any video recorded on mini-dv tapes on to the computer but when i try to transfer video on tapes through the sony to the computer, the import functions of iDVD or toast 6 titanium take over and start to play the tape. how do i import without having to use the import button that automatically makes the tape start to play or without using iDVD or toast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
hello, as i see you are new on the forums you may need to read the forum rules. Use the search function to find the thread in which the rules are. This may help you for future posts.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It is been a long time since i did this, and will be needing to do it again. From what I remeber, after you set the camera to pass thru. You will still need to click on the import button in iMovie, and press the play button on the VCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.