Very Sensitive "i" key

I

Icharlie

Anyone ever have a key on their key pad become super sensitive?

When ever i push the 'i' key more then one 'i' shows up and just the softest touch on the key will will make 'i's show up.

How can i fix this? Do i need a new key pad?

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Hey!! I have the same problem with my PowerBook but it's my apostrophe key instead. I am really wondering how to fix this. My computer is about a year old.

OP
R

Rob

Take the key off, make sure nothing is in there, put it back on. Should fix it, even if nothing is in there.

OP
I

Icharlie

Rob said:
Take the key off, make sure nothing is in there, put it back on. Should fix it, even if nothing is in there.

I tried that , now my keyboard dosn't work at all... :eek:neye:

Does anyone know where i can i buy a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
On an iBook the whole keyboard comes out in one piece I believe. I don't know what to do with my PowerBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
the PowerBook keyboard is one unit as well, but you have to take just about the whole thing apart to get to it. There are directions on the internet on how to do it but doing so will void the warrantee.

Replacement keyboards can probably be found on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Hey I fixed it (for now atleast)! I reset my PowerBook's parameter ram (PRAM), I noticed that it controlled the autokey settings and whatnot so I just reset it. To do this hold down Command + Option + P + R before the grey boot screen appears. I hope you see this before you take your iBook to the apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.