G4 IBook with isight?

Reaction score
G4 IBook with isight / Airport

Hey guys

Can you get the G4 Ibook with built in Isight or is that only built in on the G5's (whichi is what I thought the case was)

I only ask as Ive seen loads of G4's (as trying to find one to buy) however non of them have had isight in the pic's or stated it in the description, I have come accross this on ebay and it states in the description that it has built in isight. Can anyone confirm?

G4 IBOOK

Cheers in advance

Edited to add a second question. Do the most recent G4 12'' all have the following

Built-in AirPort Extreme WiFi (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)

as some I have seen listed with that info (like the above auction) and some I havn't like the ibook below from PC world

PC WORLD IBOOK

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No G4 Notebook ever had a built in iSight. I own that machine in the auction, no iSight. First Notebook computers from Apple to come with iSight were the MacBook Pros followed by the MacBooks.

OP
V
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
No G4 Notebook ever had a built in iSight. I own that machine in the auction, no iSight. First Notebook computers from Apple to come with iSight were the MacBook Pros followed by the MacBooks.

Thats what I thought, thanks for confirming.

You may beable to answer my second question which I have added in to the original post.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
None of the G4 iBooks have built-in iSights. Also, there are no G5 iBooks. The Macbook replaced the G4 iBook, and those are the ones with the built-in iSights. As for the ebay link you provided, the description is for an iBook but the picture is that of a powerbook. I would not recommend bidding on that. I believe that the only PowerPC computers with built-in iSights are the G5 iMacs, perhaps someone else can confirm this.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
From what I have seen all the 12" iBooks with the 1.33Ghz G4 came with 802.11G Airport (WiFi) and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. My 1.33 12" has both and they work great also.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
michaelstumpf said:
I believe that the only PowerPC computers with built-in iSights are the G5 iMacs, perhaps someone else can confirm this.

You are correct on the G5 with isight. iMac G5. Last iMac before the Intel Switch.

That is also very good advice not to have anything to do with that iBook in that URL since it's not even an iBook in the pic and the description is wrong. Even though he has good feedback, I would be a bit touchy about trusting someone with wrong info like that.

OP
V
Reaction score
michaelstumpf said:
None of the G4 iBooks have built-in iSights. Also, there are no G5 iBooks. The Macbook replaced the G4 iBook, and those are the ones with the built-in iSights. As for the ebay link you provided, the description is for an iBook but the picture is that of a powerbook. I would not recommend bidding on that. I believe that the only PowerPC computers with built-in iSights are the G5 iMacs, perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Thanks again for confirming. Thats what I ment aswell - the Macbook, Ive just been looking at so many old and new models over the last few days my brain is a little warped lol.

I wont be bidding on that one (even though he has great feedback for some reason) if he cant describe correctly or show proper pics, besides ive found PC World has them for £549.99 to order online and collect instor so no del and at least i'd be covered!!

dtravis7 said:
From what I have seen all the 12" iBooks with the 1.33Ghz G4 came with 802.11G Airport (WiFi) and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. My 1.33 12" has both and they work great also.

Right cheers for that, ill probably just double check with the store before I order online. I would have thought such good features like that would have been advertised on the spec list on their site!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No reason PCWorld should be bad with the specs considering they are Macworld's sister company

Reaction score
Where talking about PC World as in the UK computer store, not the other PC World o_o

OP
V
Reaction score
lionel said:
PC World is generally useless at spec's etc.

Yeh thats true, there pretty useless in general tbh ha. I always said I would never buy from them as usually over priced, plus they dont know what there talking about at all however this is a good deal so Ill take it and run lol

Thanks for the spec link dtravis!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.