• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Just created my first Home Movie DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
I've been a Mac user for all of 4 days now and just created my first home movie DVD. It took a little time but I was able to create a DVD with multi-level menus, custom backgrounds, and music. I was able to incorporate iPhoto, iMovie HD, iTunes, & iDVD into one project. The best part is that it actually worked in a regular DVD player when it was done. :mac:

I just bought a stack of DVD's. I wonder what I can do once I learn more about these programs!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Sounds great! one of the best parts of the mac is the out of the box functionality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Wait until you get good and start wanting to buy the pro apps.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
PowerBookG4 said:
Wait until you get good and start wanting to buy the pro apps.

My wife saw the final product this evening on the DVD player. She now has a list of projects for me to do. What have a gotten myself into? :mac:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It appears that you have some fun stuff on your honey do list. :) I wish I had that on my list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.