Frustrated!!

Reaction score
Like a ton of other people I bought a new mac on the tax free weekend here in TN. Understandably the apple store cannot get to everyone in helping them switch and I cannot leave my computer there for a day and a half. I am trying to switch from windows xp.

It is not as easy as I was led to believe. I cannot for the life of me get my calendar and address book switched over. I cannot seem to find a common way to save files so that the mac will recongize it. What is everyone else doing?

I did try to search the forums but after 30 minutes of digging I did not make any progress - could be a useful sticky.

Reaction score
Be more specific, What calendar application are you using? What appliation are you using to hold your addresses? What kind of files are you having trouble getting to work in OS X?

OP
S
Reaction score
mynameis said:
Be more specific, What calendar application are you using? What appliation are you using to hold your addresses? What kind of files are you having trouble getting to work in OS X?

Sorry - good question. I am using outlook for both address and calendar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I am not sure whether you are ready to spend some money on this. I have found couple of ways to do just what you wanted. Here are some of them.
1)O2M

2)Export from Outlook/Outlook Express into Eudora, and from Eudora into Mail.

3)LibDBX (I'm not sure though)

4)Import your mail from Outlook into Mozilla for Windows and then copy them from C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\some folder\Mail.

5)Emailchemy

OP
S
Reaction score
novicew said:
I am not sure whether you are ready to spend some money on this. I have found couple of ways to do just what you wanted. Here are some of them.
1)O2M

2)Export from Outlook/Outlook Express into Eudora, and from Eudora into Mail.

3)LibDBX (I'm not sure though)

4)Import your mail from Outlook into Mozilla for Windows and then copy them from C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\some folder\Mail.

5)Emailchemy

Thanks for the suggestions. O2M looks promising. My only problem is that the windows laptop is a company machine - the reason I could not leave it. Also means I would have to install software on a company machine.

Nothing is easy at first I guess. On the upside I downloaded a copy of NovaMind and I love it!! Much better than MindManager I was using on pc. It actually looks like a mindmap is supposed to look.

Reaction score
I am not much help, the way I copied my calendar and addresses from Outlook was to use a Palm device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
You could also use an iPod (if you have one) as an external firewire drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But that doesn't help him to convert his data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
what format are they in right now? I know you are using Outlook but what are the file extensions you are trying to convert?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here is a comprehensive list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.