Chinese report on Apple being ready for Merom to hit laptops!

K

Katie

I was reading the MacRumors forum and I found this in a thread:

"Reghardware claims cites a Chinese language report that Apple is readying both of its laptop models for Core 2 Duo "Merom" CPU's, due next month. There had been some Page 2 rumors that Apple would update the MacBook pro to include Merom at WWDC which failed to materialize, but this is the first report that has indicated that Apple would also move its more consumer-oriented laptop model to Core 2 Duo that quickly. AppleInsider has previously suggested that the MacBook would remain a Core Duo "Yonah" CPU for the time being.

While no hard insider information exists pointing to the specs of the new machines, currently Merom tops out at 2.33 GHz, so it is not unreasonable to believe that Apple will use the 2.33 GHz chip in its MacBook Pro, and slightly slower speeds in its MacBooks. Also of note, Merom being a Core 2 Duo chip has architectural advances over Core Duo ("Yonah") such as 64-bit support and a 4 MB L2 Cache in higher end models." (link)

I figured I should post it in here for whoever is interested! this gives me somewhat of hope that it won't be a while. what do you think?

Reaction score
Gives me reason to wait a little longer, here's hoping we get a graphics card update.

*Waits patiently for his compensation money*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.