Apple's Ship Times Accurate?

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just wondering . . . I am about to make the swap from PC to Mac (eeeek!) . . . when I ordered the computer it gave an estimated ship time of 7-10 days. Then when I placed the order the estimated ship date was almost 16 days! I was just wondering about he accuracy of this . . . is the estimate usually correct in everyone's experiance? Do they give a long date as a "safety?" . . . I am so antsy to get started!

Thanks ahead of time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Everything I have ever ordered has shipped in less time then they say and gets delivered sooner then it is scheduled for. I just got a new Nike+iPod armband that was supposed to ship in 2-3 weeks, I got it 2 days after I ordered

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
the macbooks generally took about 2 days less than they projected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
my powermac, purchased last summer, showed up 4 days early, ship time was supposed to be 10 days
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It's an "estimation"... by definition it really can't be expected to be accurate.
:black:

That being said, I have never had a bad experience with Apple ship times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Yeah, my iPod came in about three days early.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
I paid for overnight shipping. I got my keyboard the next day, and my Mac was shipped right on time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I've always gotten stuff early... Except when I ordered my first PB... But the new version released right after I ordered it and they ugraded me for free before shipping... so I couldn't compain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
You can avoid the wait by just going to the Apple store and buying it there. ;]

K

Katie

digital john - that seems to be your best bet if you're far too impatient, but the stores can't do many upgrades there, can they? I'd rather order online so I do as much customization as I need to and get it with everything I need already in place.

macdillon - how much extra was overnight shipping for all of your things?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Katie said:
digital john - that seems to be your best bet if you're far too impatient, but the stores can't do many upgrades there, can they? I'd rather order online so I do as much customization as I need to and get it with everything I need already in place.

macdillon - how much extra was overnight shipping for all of your things?

I am pretty sure they are rather capable of doing upgrades. When I got my iMac a year and a half ago it came stock with 512mb of RAM. I told the salesman I wanted 1GB of RAM and he took the computer out of the box, brought it to the genius bar, and did everything himself. I was on my brand new iMac in the next 30 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Some stores will do RAM, some will not. They won't upgrade the Hard Drive or other options in the store though, they will tell you to do a BTO on-line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
my new iMac arrived one day before the expected arrival date, but it was also shipped one day before it was supposed to. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
baggss said:
Some stores will do RAM, some will not. They won't upgrade the Hard Drive or other options in the store though, they will tell you to do a BTO on-line.

Theres your answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.