apple remote desktop probelm

Reaction score
i have a mbp and i cant seem to get the apple remote desktop working right. i have it scanning for ip adress and it only shows mine. when it shows my other computers it says connection problem. im trying to control my ibook with my mbp. can i get some help

M

menace3054

make sure in system preferences --sharing you have ARD enabled. then go further and make sure go to privilidges and make sure "allow user" to do the following are all checked.

are you using 2.0 or 3.0? make sure in ARD you have the username and PW of the machine your trying to control entered correctly

OP
N
Reaction score
where do i find ard? do i enable it on both? and it says i need to put the name of my ibook when i try to connect to it but do i need to? thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
nike7465 said:
where do i find ard? do i enable it on both? and it says i need to put the name of my ibook when i try to connect to it but do i need to? thanks

k i found it, ut it wont let me click ard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
also make sure you're both up to date (host and client) download the client updates

OP
N
Reaction score
my ibook has 2.2 my mbp has 3.0 do i need to install 3.0 on my ibook or is there an update somewhere that allows me to update to 3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
apple should have an update (similar to the one above) for v3. Try running Software Update also to see if Apple released one to download automatically.

EDIT: After looking at this link its seems there is some Auto-Install feature with ARD 3. Something about "staging the software" to have it update your other computers when they go online.

M

menace3054

deus_ex_machina said:
apple should have an update (similar to the one above) for v3. Try running Software Update also to see if Apple released one to download automatically.

EDIT: After looking at this link its seems there is some Auto-Install feature with ARD 3. Something about "staging the software" to have it update your other computers when they go online.

to go from 2 to 3 you have to pay. im not sure if they both need the same version, but my guess would be that they do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.