No batteries availeble, hardware issue

J

JonathanJungløv

After using my MacBook in the evening - i turn it off to let it be for the night. The day after I turn it on again without success - then i plug in th ac adaptor - works fine. But the battery in the top right corner has a cross instead of time or percentage. then i click on it, an it says "No Batteries Availeble"
What is wrong? tough luck?

OP
J

JonathanJungløv

#2 Thanks, ill try that - ill let you know if it works - only thing im worried about is that batteries are not included in warrenty as it is a consumable...

OP
J

JonathanJungløv

Hmm - i tried now - did not work - guess ill have to call the apple guys, no other ideas? anyone?

OP
M

menace3054

for something like that the battery is definately under warranty. if say 6 months down the road you tell them it doesnt last long, that wouldnt be covered. but what your talking about now is 100% absolutely covered. (unless like you dropped your macbook in a toliet or something)

OP
J

JonathanJungløv

In the warrenty documentation it states under exclusions and limitations: "to consumable parts, such as batteries" but afterwards it is mentioned "unless damage has occoured due to a defect in material or workmanship" - so i guess i was wrong, i was just quite furious when this problem occoured.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.