my burning question

Reaction score
since im new to the Mac OS, I have a question about burning cd & dvds.

if you can already burn Cd's & DVD's (music,video or data) on a MAC, what good are software packages like Toast, etc... for burning discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Toast just offers more features, the ability to convert your video into DVD format etc. etc.

If you just want to burn data & audio CD's, the finder is great. If you want more flexibility and advanced control over your burns, get Toast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Aptmunich said:
Toast just offers more features, the ability to convert your video into DVD format etc. etc.

If you just want to burn data & audio CD's, the finder is great. If you want more flexibility and advanced control over your burns, get Toast.

the built in nburning features are great but you may come to realize after a while that a product, toast 7, is going to help you a lot. you would no longer need to shrink a dvd before you put it on a single layer dvd it does it for you, it burns s/vcd disks, data for mac and pc, disk images all with one click
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
A program like toast can help you format the disk a certain way... so yes more options like they have said.

Also, if your burning with itunes and the disk skips alot in your car, and you buy new disks and those still skip in your car.. toast burns it a little different (and probably faster) and it is less likely to skip.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.