itunes not reading mp3 cds

Reaction score
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend:

She has a powerbook g4, a new ipod video and the latest version of itunes.

When she inserts a CD that has a backup of her mp3's it appears to eject the cd right away as if it "rejects" the CD. Granted these are custom burned cd's, but the data on them is legit.

I know this isn't much to go on, before the new ipod and itunes update, she's been able to do this before (and she's been a Mac user for years).

Any thing I can have her try, or specific questions I should ask to better determine the problem?

much thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
she can check out system preferences/cds & dvds and have a function with it. Or import the songs with another application found on VersionTracker

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I could be wrong but it sounds like the Drive is not able to read the CD so is spitting it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
I agree I think you should have her take the computer to an apple store. Did she burn the disc on that computer?

Reaction score
Do other burnt (burned?) discs of the same make with other data work? Look for scratches. Put it in another computer (preferably a mac).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.