peripheral not seen on desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
some devices show on the desktop as a "hard drive" when i plug them into the USB ports. However some , 2 specifically, do not : My canon a-70 and my old Creative Labs Jukebox. Is there a way to see these devices so i can "drag and drop" rather than have to use iPhoto or iTUnes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Creative jukeboxes are not supported under OS X so you cant use that with your mac unfortunately.

for the camera. Go to Applications --> Image Capture. And set it to open up no programs. It will just mount it as a hard drive

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
trpnmonkey41 said:
Creative jukeboxes are not supported under OS X so you cant use that with your mac unfortunately.

for the camera. Go to Applications --> Image Capture. And set it to open up no programs. It will just mount it as a hard drive

hey thanks...back to the jukebox. I can see the jukebox in iTunes, but i want to be able to take the music on the box and bring it back to my iBook. I'm coming from a "Switch" from windows, and the jukebox has all my music that was on my old PC. Is there anyway to get the jukebox to mount like a hard drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
wow the jukebox actually shows up in iTunes? I had a nomad jukebox 3 but i couldnt get it to connect in any ways.

I can't think of anyways to get the jukebox to just mount on the desktop. do you see the music in itunes when you connect it?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
yes it is workable in itunes

i can see the music, i can copy it to my desktop, i can even add from the itunes library...what i can not do is use the player as a hard drive to carry photos, or other data...that is why i would like to see it as a harddrive on the desktop...any other thoughts out there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.