Books for Switchers

J

JamminJonah

I'm currently saving for my first Mac. As it stands I work with one at work but that's it.

I'm planning to get a new MacBook Pro once they put the Merom's in. So in order to spend my pre mac time more efficiently (rather than visiting the apple site and store 3 times a week to drool)

what books (on Apple, Mac, OSX, etc) would you recommend I read whilst I wait? I'm pretty darn fluent on the Windoze platform and have become the go to "computer (PC) guy" at work so I'd like to get a leg up on working my Mac before I get it.

Any suggestions? I've heard some good things about "Missing Manual Tiger" but as I trust you more than reviews what advice would you give me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
actually a member on our own forums is currently writing a switcher's book. She did have a sample at one time, and probably has even more to look at now. Send lil(el eye el) a private message or an email, explain the situation and ask about it, shes very kind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.