Site Comments

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just redesigned my site for my Web Design company - Modul (design).
I was wondering what you think of the design, it is: Here

What I am mainly interested in is everyones thoughts on the colour scheme, I was also thinking light blue or light grey/silver. Do you think the current one is OK?

Thanks.
Digg :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It's pretty good, colors are good, homepage should probably be text instead of a graphic, since you can easily do that with CSS. Almost has a Web 2.0 feel. Good job overrall :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
A Few things I noticed...

Doesnt validate xhtml - http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.rswday.com/ - found 8 errors on the home page.

If you are going to advertise XHTML & CSS, might be a good idea to have your pages valdiate...

Your site looks good in Firefox, and I would assume Safari (cant test it cause I'm at work)

But one thing you should do is make it compitable in IE more then anything else... No matter how much you might hate IE, its still used by 95% of the Internet browsing community.

Here is what it looks like in IE.. if you havent seen it yet.

site.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
It almost looks like you did that on purpose!

I like the simplistic design, but this is pretty plain. I'd suggest a textured background similar to a desk pad. Just something to give it some flavor.

OP
digg
Reaction score
Oops :(

Forget to check it on the validator, will finish that now, thanks JGruber!

Surfwax: That's what I thought although I tried to put something in and it looked to busy :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a problem on the Validating thing... I've seen far worse erros on a site, you only had 8, most of them where the stupid <alt=""> tag not being in there!

Best thing to do is make the header with CSS... it's not too hard to get it to do what you want.

if you look at my site, on IE and Safari, the header image doesn't show up on Safari. There is something with the way the two browsers handle the <div=align> tags... its quite irritating!

OP
digg
Reaction score
JGruber: I'm going to try and make the homepage using CSS rather than images, although it is a bit harder as I want different colours for things. It should be done by the weekend, I have loads of work :(.

Thanks again guys ;)

G

Gaz

JGruber said:
But one thing you should do is make it compitable in IE more then anything else... No matter how much you might hate IE, its still used by 95% of the Internet browsing community.

err... it's 83% now, Firefox has a 13% market share now ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well either way, it still is the most widely used browser in the world, and hense why it is good to have it coded to work on IE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.