Syncing .mac Address Book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz MacBook Pro, 1GB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, 60GB Black Video iPod
Hey All,

I just bought my first Mac (Macbook Pro) a few days ago and I have a question:

How do I sync the addresses I have entered in the online .mac address book with my home address book on the macbook pro itself?

I entered all of my addresses online (at my windows-running workplace) and when I got home I followed the directions on Apple's website, however my home address book remains empty, even after syncing.

Am I missing something here? I followed the directions verbatim. Does the sync only work from mac to online .mac or can I sync from the web to my laptop?

Thank you for any help!

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
Andrew,
welcome! First thing I'd check is the System Preferences. *** that light switch in the dock***

Check the .Mac section and go in and put in your .Mac user name and password. Give it a minute to sync up then go into the tabs and make sure the addy book is checked. Once that's done go ahead and resync.

Problem solved!
Bishop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Do people think the .Mac accounts are essential for MAc users? I sigened up for the trial after getting my new system and have a nice new mac e-mail address!

But I have my own url and stuff and one Mac so no need to sync with other machines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
Well, i tell people that for the criticals, its a great back up service. I think they give you like a gig of disk space and Backup is free. I would say its essential. If anything ever goes wonky with your setup and you dont have an external drive, this is the next best thing. Uploading to it in an emergency would suck, but its there. Added to the fact that you have access to it anywhere.

It just depends on your needs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz MacBook Pro, 1GB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, 60GB Black Video iPod
thanks

thank you for the tip. worked like a charm. any other cool tips you'd like to share with a mac noob feel free, i'm loving it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.