OS X Update 10.4.7 problem

Reaction score
My son has an imac G4 which has v 10.4.3. I downloaded the update 10.4.7 and tried to install it but it said "the OSX update can't be installed as the digital signature is incorrect"

What does that mean??"

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
it is possible you may have down loaded the wrong version or you trying to use the regular update instead of the combo update.

Since you are at 10.4.3 you will need the Mac OS X Update 10.4.7 Combo PPC.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply rman, you were quite right, now sorted. However, i've encountered another problem:

there were 3 greyed ?'s along the bottom taskbar, iphoto, imovie and imovie HD. I put the OS X disc 2 in and installed 'Additional Applications' but it's only replaced the first two, not imovie HD.

I've tried again, same result and looked for a download for it but can only find updates 6.0.1 and 6.0.2.

Can you/anyone advise how I can reinstall imovie HD please?

M

menace3054

download a program off of versiontracker.com call
"pacifist"

it will let you just install imovie off of your install disc. put the disc in, open pacifist, then go to open package --> additional softare --> look for imovie, double click it to install

OP
G
Reaction score
menace3054 said:
download a program off of versiontracker.com call
"pacifist"

it will let you just install imovie off of your install disc. put the disc in, open pacifist, then go to open package --> additional softare --> look for imovie, double click it to install

I've managed to install imovie off the install disc already, it's imovie HD that I can't find.

M

menace3054

Griffo said:
I've managed to install imovie off the install disc already, it's imovie HD that I can't find.

your disc must have ilife 05 then, im pretty sure imovie HD is off ilife 06

OP
G
Reaction score
menace3054 said:
your disc must have ilife 05 then, im pretty sure imovie HD is off ilife 06

I thought the same but I've asked the OS X disc 2 to install 'Additional Applications' twice and it installed iphoto and imovie (on the first occassion) but not imovie HD. Is iLife part of OS X or is it on a separate disc?

On my OS X disc 2 it only showed 'Additional Applications' and a lot of other languages. Disc 1 just wanted to re-install OS X.

M

menace3054

ilife usually is bundled on os x install disc. check iphoto, go to about iphoto. does it say 5? if so, your not going to get imovie hd off that disc

OP
G
Reaction score
menace3054 said:
ilife usually is bundled on os x install disc. check iphoto, go to about iphoto. does it say 5? if so, your not going to get imovie hd off that disc

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't say 5 it says 1.1.1, do you know any way of checking if imovie HD is on either of the OS X discs?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My understanding is that iMovie HD came out with iLife 6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.