iPod and iHome woes

J

JulietFlower

I am the happy owner of a 60-GB photo iPod and an iHome. Unfortunately, both have recently started to malfunction. When I tried to play a song on my iPod the other day, it skipped to the next song, then the next one, and so on, without playing a single second of any song. I tried playing songs with headphones in and out at multiple times per day, and that made no difference. Once I finally rebooted the iPod, it worked again, but I'm afraid that a problem that severe is bound to resurface.

The iHome worked just fine until yesterday. Now, if the iPod isn't sitting almost completely straight up in the iHome, every song it plays sounds fuzzy/crackly. I have played with the iHome to make the iPod sit up straighter, but I'm just treating the symptoms. If I so much as touch the iPod to change songs, the fuzziness/crackliness often returns. For the eight months that I have owned the iHome, it had not made those noises at all until yesterday, and I am puzzled about what the cause could be.

What do you guys make of these problems? I am still under warranty for a couple more weeks on my iPod and four more months on my iHome. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
hhmmm, I would try and see if you could reformat it if that continues.

If not, call the Apple people.

I have had several problems with mine and it gets replaced everytime.

Annoying but well, I love getting new ones anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.